Posted on: 28th July 2022
About the Studio
If you have always wanted to join a studio that can change how you see interactive gaming, this may be your chance. Take part in a small but ambitious studio that aims to push the boundaries of what is capable on Web3, exploring new narrative techniques and delivering high-quality experiences in the gaming space.
Assembled only by seven people, this studio’s cumulative knowledge comes across several genres and scopes. Their debut project in Web3 tells a sci-fi story about a ragtag band of explorers who leave Earth to terraform our Solar system into a thriving garden.
Help them rebuild the future of humankind — and gaming as well!
Responsibilities and Requirements
As a 3D artist, you will join the studio’s team in London to work on its first game: a walking sim, puzzle, and sci-fi experience made entirely for WebGL.
You will collaborate closely with the Creative Director and the development team, designing and modelling Unity-based, game-ready assets and textures.
You will design several models that aim to keep the game fun and engaging — from everyday props such as handheld scanners, hydroponic containers, and plants, all the way to sci-fi-inspired buildings and retro computers.
Ideally, you have a strong, diverse 3D artwork portfolio showing a keen eye for creating stylised, well-composed imagery. This position suits an artist capable of branching out to different subject matters. High proactivity, solid prioritisation skills, and deadline management are desirable.
- +3 years of experience as a game artist
- Have significant experience in 3D software, e.g. Maya, Blender, C4D, etc.
- Knowledge of supplementary 3D software, e.g. ZBrush, Substance
- Skilful in Unity, particularly in a professional capacity
- Mastery over art fundamentals, such as composition, shape language, and colour theory
- A portfolio that shows flexibility and passion regarding a broad range of art styles
- A technically-oriented, constraint-considering mind
Desirable talents also include:
- Prior experience with WebGL
- Character animation/rigging skills
- Comfortable with either mentoring or managing others in your team
Benefits and Perks
- Four-day working week, ensuring a healthy life-work balance
- Equalised pay boundaries across all disciplines
- Hybrid remote options - you can either work at the studio’s central London office or work remotely as long as you are in GMT hours
At Haptic, we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the most promising teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are committed to assembling the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this pledge, whenever you apply for a job with us, one of our specialist recruiters will support you through each stage. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation, we’re always here to help.