Posted on: 10th April 2023
About the Studio
Are you curious about the possibilities the metaverse and Web3 might bring? Look no further: you are first in line to join the ranks of a fledgling, innovative new studio that aims to bridge the gap between social experiences and gaming.
Founded by one of the most groundbreaking, relevant digital artists in the United Kingdom, this new video game company is creating an exciting browser-based game. Inspired by JRPGs, cyberpunk, and blockchain technology, this game’s hub will not only take you to thrilling, addictive activities with your friends but also introduce you to new ways of holding and creating digital properties.
Responsibilities and Requirements
As Art Director, you will lead the Creative team in bringing the game’s vision and concepts to a visual, glorious alternate reality. Your imagination is your primary tool to achieve this, so let it loose! All mediums, tools, and talents are valid to translate the studio’s briefs into their full potential.
- Collaborating with the project team to brainstorm and interpret the project brief
- Researching relevant project material
- Present concepts, research, and references to the project team
- Interpreting initial ideas and creating quick sketch drafts for review
- Creating detailed concept designs in a variety of mediums specific to the brief, such as 2D drawings
- Participating in feedback consultations and noting changes
- Manage project timelines and schedules and report any issues to the leadership team
- Up to date with the latest design trends and advancements in technology
- A portfolio of work demonstrating outstanding artistic and storytelling abilities
- Excellent sketching abilities for rough conceptualisation
- Proficient in a variety of digital programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
- Ability to deliver high-quality artwork against tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpretation abilities
- Willingness to learn new software programs and tools
Benefits and Perks
Although this is a fully remote role, it still has all the benefits you would expect in an on-location job.
- Working with best-in-class design enthusiasts, pixel art aficionados, nostalgic gamers, world builders, anti-conformists, vaporwave fanatics, video game historians, lore masters, speed runners, easter egg hunters, modders, code wizards, database gurus, and hackers.
- Work from anywhere (100% remote)
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks
At Haptic, we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the most promising teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are committed to assembling the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this pledge, whenever you apply for a job with us, one of our specialist recruiters will support you through each stage. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation, we’re always here to help.