Posted on: 10th May 2021
Once upon a game…
Founded in 2020 by 3 ambitious co-founders and supported by Epic Games, this studio is developing a F2P third-person action MOBA for PC and console. With a core team already in place, they’re currently looking to bring in talented people in several key senior positions.
They have recently closed millions in seed funding and will be closing an additional Series A funding round in the next 6 - 9 months adding an additional 5+ year runway with support from some of the best VCs and Angels in the industry.
Additionally, they already have an active and engaged discord following of 40k+ members with early access release scheduled for this year.
The role you play…
Joining the team as an executive producer you will be responsible for driving the project forward, ensuring all project deadlines are met and the team remains happy and productive.
What your week might look like…
- Overseeing project development from concept to post-launch
- Working closely with other team members to deliver cutting edge gameplay experiences
- Proactively driving development and delivery of the product; managing project deadlines, anticipating problems, finding solutions and tracking its progress
- Managing and tracking the project budget throughout
- Mentoring and supporting other producers and team members to help maintain and evolve best practices across the company
- Documenting all production roadmaps, backlogs, risks, milestones and all other planning artefacts
- Acting as the main point of contact between internal teams and external partners
What we are looking for…
- 5+ years of industry experience with a good track record
- Production cycle experience for multiple games
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to unite teams
- Passion for helping people work together happily and productively
- Able to manage multiple tasks whilst maintaining quality in a high-pressure environment
- Experience in fostering a collaborative working environment and engaging stakeholder buy-in
- Able to identify priorities and determine the most important goals and disseminate that information effectively
- Familiar with the MOBA genre
- Experience working in start-up studio/s
- Prior experience working on AAA multiplayer titles
What you can look forward to…
- Opportunity to work fully remote
- Stock options
- Ability to be heavily involved from the beginning - perks of being a start-up
- Defining the studio's culture as they grow
If you don’t already live in London – Welcome to the good life…
- One of the most multicultural cities in the World
- Leading global city in everything from the arts and fashion, technology to gaming
- Over 7,000 pubs, 270 underground stations and numerous shops, bars, restaurants, castles and even the famous Harry Potter studio
- Schools within walking distances
- Hundreds of parks, free museums and art galleries
- And we haven’t even mentioned that it's the hub for Gaming in Europe.