Posted on: 26th June 2020
Once upon a game...
Founded by two mobile game veterans, with over 20 years’ experience between them, their mission is simple, to combine story telling with great free to play, mobile games. After crafting a team of amazingly talented people, this London based studio are now looking for their next superstar hire.
Being the first games focused data analyst you will help to launch future game releases and improve the gaming experience. You will be embedded within the games team, working to define, monitor and improve KPIs, impacting the game roadmap based on the result of your analysis of players’ behaviour.
Their expanding team works collaboratively and creatively to solve problems. Since securing funding from one of the top developers in the world, there has been no stopping this innovative studio, so this a fantastic opportunity for anyone wanting to be a part of their success, whilst having a direct impact on the gaming space.
The role you play...
Join them as a Game Data Analyst to work with designers, producers and engineers to transform player behaviour data into actionable insights, improving our overall gameplay experience.
What your week might look like...
- Helping to launch and optimise the first game, as well as improving the experience of future players
- Working closely with game designers, development team, Head of Data & Insights along with the wider business, including feeding back to key senior stakeholders.
- Predict player behaviour by creating and using statistical models to optimize engagement and inform post-launch feature creation
- Proactively seek improvements to the game and work with the team to improve them.
- Continually test and improve the game by developing the A/B testing strategy
- Turn game data into insights in order to empower the game designers to make informed decisions.
What we are looking for...
- 5+ years experience as either a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- 3+ years experience as Game Performance Manager or Product Managers, ideally on F2P mobile games
- Experience of manipulating data using SQL
- Experience in F2P mobile game
- Experience working with dashboarding or reporting tools
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the mobile games market and KPIs of different game genres
- Ability to influence decision-makers and key stakeholders
- Experience using either Python or R to clean, transform and analyse data to build models (churn, LTV)
- Deep understanding of modelling and statistical methods and an ability to match business problems to the most suitable statistical technique.
What you can look forward to...
- You are ready to join a smaller team, more progression, new games/data, even transform your role in a growing and buzzing start-up.
- Opportunity to work on a variety of mobile game projects and offer your own ideas
- Competitive compensation with EMI share options and the latest tech equipment
- Fabulous office environment in the heart of London
If you don't already live in London - welcome to the good life!
- One of the most multicultural cities in the World
- Leading global city in everything from the arts and fashion, technology to gaming.
- Over 7,000 pubs, 270 underground stations and numerous shops, bars, restaurants, castles and even the famous Harry Potter studio
- Schools in walking distances
- Hundreds of parks, free museums and art galleries
- And we haven’t even mentioned that’s it’s the hub for Gaming in Europe.