Posted on: 12th October 2021
Quell is on a mission to revolutionise fitness gaming with a wearable console and an unforgettable fantasy world.
About The Studio
Quell was established in 2020 by a small team with one goal, to combine deep, compelling gameplay with high-intensity exercise to create a fully immersive experience.
Off the back of a hugely successful Kickstarter campaign and alongside funding from Y-Combinator and investors including Twitch co-founders Kevin Lin and Emmett Shear, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, TenCent, and more, Quell is poised to redefine the relationship between gaming and fitness.
With their wearable tech ready to go, their current focus is building an engaging fantasy RPG world brimming with life ready for the player to explore.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Joining Quell as a gameplay/UI engineer you will integrate new gameplay features as well as create and review technical designs.
- Developing high-quality code
- Assisting with the planning process
- Working a variety of technologies - animation, gameplay, audio, pipeline, and UX
- Using best practices for coding, debugging, and integration
- Sharing your knowledge with the wider team
- Contributing to a collaborative and positive development environment
This opportunity is ideal for a skilled developer with extensive Unity and C# experience. To be considered you will need the following skills and attributes:
- 5+ years of experience as a gameplay or engine programmer
- Shipped a few titles on PC and/or console
- Expert in C# Unity with an emphasis on UI
- Knowledge of the full product cycle building tools
- Expert in one of the following - animation, gameplay and combat, physics, map building
- Strong 3D math skills
- You have worked with alternative input devices i.e., VR, Wii, Kinect, PS Move, etc…
- Experience with Python, Java, C++
Please note, even if you do not match these requirements exactly but still believe you’ll be a good fit, we want to hear from you.
Benefits + Perks:
- Equity in a high-growth, well-capitalised start-up.
- Free books. We’ll add anything you like to our library.
- Cycle to work scheme. Save up to 25%+ through our cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible working, with up to three days per week from home
At Haptic Recruit we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the best teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are dedicated to building the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this commitment whenever you apply for a job with us one of our specialist recruiters will support you each step of the way. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation we’re always here to help.