Posted on: 30th March 2020
Once upon a game...
Two brothers who had (more than a) knack for making games founded a studio 8 years ago whose games are on 1 in every 5 persons phone in the World!
Today, their mobile first studio stands at 3 offices and 150 people strong.
They have an incredibly impressive strong portfolio, built on the 3 pillars of innovation, quality and fun. They have won many awards including `Game of the Year' more than once…
Currently, they stand at 1.6Billion downloads.
They are focussing a lot of attention on their newest Barcelona studio; They are growing a lot and this is where all of their new titles are being developed.
Where you come in…
Join them as a Head of Ad Monetisation - Ads are at the forefront of their monetisation strategy, so oversee in-game ads across thier whole portfolio and new games. Build, operate and manage all types of ads and enhance the user experience within mobile games.
What your week will look like...
- Responsible for managing, analyzing and optimizing Video advertising, Offerwalls and Banners in live and new games.
- Build and effectively manage the ad-monetization team.
- Responsibility for managing the advertising waterfall structure.
- Where necessary mobile ad campaigns QA and content troubleshooting;
- Maintain and build relationships with ad providers.
- Travel to networking events (optional).
- Run A/B tests to optimize monetization efforts in collaboration with game analytics; Source and test brand demand partners & explore opportunities for their games.
- Explore and test market tools (price floors, AB testing tool, segments); Work closely with UA & Product leads to provide feedback on best-performing ad partners & improvements;
- Ownership of one of the biggest revenue streams in gaming with a possibility to grow into the full ad strategy ownership together with Product.
Who you are
- You have experience in ad monetization, ideally in a mobile-gaming environment; You have experience of working with ad networks, partners, DSPs.
- You are proactive and takes initiative, with a problem-solving attitude.
- You are comfortable receiving feedback/direction.
- You have strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on building productive and positive relationships with external partners, management and peers.
- You have preferably a background in mobile /apps/advertising technology.
- You are able to compile and analyze performance data and metrics.
- You have a passion for results, a consistent track record of exceeding targets.
- You have proven account management and negotiation skills.
- You are proficient in Excel.
- You are a self-starter and organised.
What you can look forward too…
- They are indie, you won’t just be another developer, your impact will be real, your voice will be heard and your role in the project will be weighty.
- Pushing out of your comfort zone is key, change won’t be a challenge, it will be welcome.
- Be a big fish in a big pond, their ambitions match the industry giants, but their culture is closer to a start-up.
- The office is close to the beach, comfy and spacious.
- Grow with the studio. Encourage you in your personal career path; listen, review and act.
- Big emphasis on working with the latest tech and personal growth
- Great compensation package (from salary to social intangible elements. Package includes medical insurance, meals, travel, fitness, mobile payments, payment of tourist trips and a lot of additional services)
If you don’t already live in Barcelona – Welcome to the good life! (Due to COVID 19, you will start working remotely).
- A wonderful city with a beautiful Old town, on the beach, near mountains with a rich culture & history. Very diverse, home to anyone from families, young professionals to old timer :).
- Great schools
- Easily accessible and affordable housing options
- Sunny climates most of the year
- Slower pace of life, emphasis on work/life balance.
- Last but not least…Wine, music, sangria, tapas & chocolate.
Does this resonate with you and where you want to take your career next?
Click apply and let’s schedule a call to discuss further :)