Posted on: 16th May 2023
About the Studio
Founded by veterans of the PC modding scene almost ten years ago, this video game studio has only one thing in mind: to develop the most realistic, thrilling tactical games in the marketplace. Carefully blending historical accuracy, large-scale battles, and teamwork tools and priorities like few other games have, this developer has landed three impressive, compelling multiplayer war simulation games on Steam.
Now, this company is using their broad experience in tactical first-person shooters to develop a new game for a cherished science-fiction IP that will surely bring nostalgic feelings to its audience. Will you lead the charge and bring the fight to their enemies’ homes? Service warrants citizenship!
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Provide artistic leadership to drive the overall vision of the project.
- Deep understanding of the visual subject matter on any given project.
- Build a learning environment within the art team and implement artistic research processes.
- Be a mentor for the artists and coach them as required.
- Nourish the artistic vision by looking for sources of inspiration in and out of the video game industry.
- Participate in controlling the unity of all visual parts: environment, characters, atmosphere, and player-controlled objects.
- Follow the team’s work and ensure they reach the expected artistic quality.
- Work with the studio’s Art Leads to define the art pipeline and develop visual targets for the art team.
- At least six years of 3D game art production experience, including two years of successful experience in art quality assurance.
- A thorough understanding of art pipelines, capacities and technical constraints related to the Unreal Engine 4 game engine.
- Strong ability in writing documentation
- Proven proficiency in current 2D and 3D applications, including Maya or equivalent, Zbrush, Photoshop, etc
- Has experience working with at least Environment Art, Hard Surface Art or Character Art in a production capacity.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Managerial Competencies:
- Manage high-level art direction for the project.
- Demonstrable experience and desire to plot a coherent vision for their own and others' career trajectories
- Mentoring other artists to enable the growth of young up-and-coming artistic talent.
- Managing the process of recruiting top talent for careers at Offworld Industries.
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with direct reports
- End to End Development of at least 1 title as an Art Discipline Lead.
- End-to-end Unreal Engine experience in an Artist capacity, 1 or more shipped titles desirable
Benefits and Perks
This studio is a fast-paced and dynamic place to work. Although based in Canada, their distributed development model allows them to work remotely within North America. By choosing to work with this studio, you will have the opportunity to:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- Retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Three weeks of paid vacation and two weeks of paid studio shutdown over the December holiday period
- Wonderful colleagues!
At Haptic, we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the most promising teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are committed to assembling the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this pledge, whenever you apply for a job with us, one of our specialist recruiters will support you through each stage. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation, we’re always here to help.