Posted on: 17th January 2023
About the Studio
Join a AAA studio responsible for some of the most inspiring storytelling seen in the gaming industry in the last years. With multiple Game of the Year and BAFTA nominations endorsing its outstanding work, this studio not only collaborated with one of the most inclusive, thought-provoking video game series during the 2010s.
It is also doing joint work with one of the most legendary story-based studios on its brand revival and developing the first game that brings a cherished science-fiction property to the video game space.
The company continues to expand, looking for accomplished storytellers and inspirational team leaders to join its 100+ employee roster. Will you help shape the next classic story in gaming?
Responsibilities and Requirements
As a Lead Character Artist, you will work with the studio’s Art Director and Game Director to conceive cinematic-quality characters for our upcoming console title.
Your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Create the highest-quality characters assets for our latest game in development
- Mentor and lead a team of concept and character designers
- Work quickly and efficiently while adhering to the art direction already in place
- Outstanding work ethic, self-motivation, and ability to accept constructive feedback within the studio’s art direction
- Keep a perfect balance between realism and stylisation throughout the creative process
- Superb communication and organisational skills
- Ability to adapt and flow efficiently between art styles
- Willingness to learn new techniques and methods for asset creation
- Enough years of experience to work comfortably with stylised characters that radiate life and act in a plausible manner
- Prior experience leading a diverse, inclusive art team
- Comprehensive knowledge of Maya and ZBrush
- Mastery over art fundamentals, e.g. light, colour, and composition
- Solid understanding of the human anatomy, proportions, and mechanics
- AAA shipped game experience working as a Character Artist
- Highly proficient in creating 3D assets using ZBrush and Maya
- Highly skilled in creating 2D artwork in Photoshop and the Substance suite
- A good attitude and proven ability to receive and give feedback accordingly
All applicants should also provide a link to their portfolio of work in the application.
Benefits and Perks
Although this is a fully remote role, it still has all the benefits you would expect in an on-location job.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Generous vacation time and paid parental leave
- Health insurance for you and your family at a low cost to you
- Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family at NO cost to you
- Life and Disability benefits at NO cost to you
- Optional Flexible Spending Account (including Healthcare and Limited Purpose),
- Dependent Care Account and Health Savings Account available
- Optional Supplemental Health and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with an Employer Match
- Growth opportunities for your career
At Haptic, we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the most promising teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are committed to assembling the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this pledge, whenever you apply for a job with us, one of our specialist recruiters will support you through each stage. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation, we’re always here to help.