Posted on: 22nd October 2020
Once upon a game...
A brand-new studio with VC funding looking to re-write the rules and set the standards for fitness gaming. Developing the first experience of its kind; using both hardware and software to combine compelling gaming with high intensity exercise.
They are on a social mission to create a guilt-free game that allows you to meet your fitness goals whilst delivering an incredible gaming experience.
The founders are looking to build their core team and are really looking for those gaming experts to go on this journey with them. Help bring their mission alive, have a real impact on a project that's going to be industry-setting.
Have the opportunity to be part of something from the beginning, in just 3 months they have sold over $600K of pre-orders and raised millions in investment.
The role you play...
Joining the team as Technical Director you will be taking full ownership of game development on their launch title, in which players will get fit by playing fully immersive fantasy games.
What your week might look like...
- Work with Studio Lead to define milestones and objectives.
- Have an active involvement in all aspects of the development process.
- Bringing a game to life from prototyping to full worldwide release.
- Develop the project's code architecture and technical vision.
- Build and iterate on game features.
- Manage team member.
- Central part in recruiting members of the team.
- Your responsibility to support the technical development of the project's engineering team.
What we are looking for...
- Enjoy being your own boss in a small team.
- Passionate about building games that make a difference
- 7+ years’ game development experience
- Up to date knowledge and experience working with Unity.
- It is crucial that you have excellent communication skills.
- You must have a strong portfolio of work (Action/RPG/Combat titles) - multiplayer games (preferred)
What you can look forward to...
- Negotiable equity
- Working in a new industry, new tech and new gaming environment.
- Free books: they will add anything you need to their library.
- The studio works on a zero-ego basis. Anyone can come up with fantastic ideas and everyone is listened to.
- Discounted bikes: You can save up to 25%+ through their cycle-to-work scheme.
- The opportunity for personal growth, there will be an opportunity for consistent feedback that focuses on building up your strong qualities rather than targeting weaknesses.
- Player based focus rather than business.
If you don’t already live in London – Welcome to the good life!
- One of the most multicultural cities in the World
- Leading global city in everything from the arts and fashion, technology to gaming
- Over 7,000 pubs, 270 underground stations and numerous shops, bars, restaurants, castles and even the famous Harry Potter studios
- Schools in walking distances
- Hundreds of parks, free museums and art galleries
- And we haven’t even mentioned that’s it’s the hub for Gaming in Europe.