Posted on: 29th September 2020
Once upon a game...
Veterans of the gaming industry for over 25 years came together to create a studio that would set the standards of AR/VR today.
A large team of 70 people working hard on small dedicated teams.
Today they are focused on their new AAA VR Game.
The role you play...
Joining the team as a lead game designer, you will be creating compelling interactive experiences for the player. You will be the guardian of the game design and will head a team of talented designers.
What your week might look like...
- You will be planning and organizing the project itself.
- Thinking ahead at new techniques and strategies that will positively impact yourself and the team.
- Collaboration with art, tech and production to ensure the highest quality product is delivered
- Mentoring your team members, helping them to develop and grow as they progress.
- Anticipating technical issues that may arise throughout and preventing them.
What we are looking for...
- 8+ Years experience within the game industry.
- Experience in UI/UX design.
- Previous experience working as a lead designer.
- Experience with narrative design and technical game design.
- Knowledge of Unreal and Blueprint.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- An entrepreneurial attitude towards your work.
- Passionate about game design.
- Previous experience working on shipped VR or AR projects.
- You are comfortable communicating and working with tight deadlines.
- Understanding of design tools and pipelines.
What you can look forward to...
- Benefits reflected by your experience and job role.
- You will be entitled to flexible working hours.
- Beautiful studio located in the heart of Amsterdam
- Up to 30% income tax reduction for eligible ex-pats.
- 26 days holiday, with the option to buy 5 more.
- Group activities throughout the year and an annual VR game jam.
- Working within a company that values a healthy work-life balance.
- Free pension plan
- Access to an onsite canteen offering cheap, healthy lunch options.
- Friday afternoon drinks with colleagues.
- Free train commuting to and from Amsterdam if you are located outside of the city.
- Access to the latest VR hardware to use within the studios and take home when necessary.
- Dependant on your situation, it is possible to have financial support for relocation.