Posted on: 15th September 2019
Haptic recruit is working with an exciting new studio based in London, they are dedicated to building innovative and creative games. By spring-boarding from there well-known parent company brings a wealth of experience and connections, the studio is growing quickly and dedicated to developing exciting titles that provide players with exhilarating experiences
Got What It Takes?
The Studio are looking to hire highly-motivated and talented individuals with the passion and skills to deliver premium-quality games from day one, while growing as part of a small team working with original properties and highly-acclaimed IPs to create a world-class games studio.
The Role You Play
As a Senior Designer you’ll lead the design and execution of a project, developing and maintaining a clear creative vision alongside the Studio Director.
You’ll be expected to manage small teams in focused prototypes to prove out this initial vision and hold responsibility for delivering full documentation during pre-production – in addition to working with other discipline leads in delivering a vertical slice that will set the standard for the final product.
- Lead analogue and digital prototyping sessions during pre-production to prove out initial vision
- Identify and prioritize required feature specifications, set the standard for these specs, and review and sign off on all specifications from junior team members
- Manage regular internal testing sessions on projects, both within the team and across the wider studio, and using this data to influence future design decisions
- Have a strong understanding of product-focused industry trends to the extent you are confident leading the design and balance of the meta-systems and economies that sit behind our games
- Create and approve high level overviews of new designs and concepts to quickly convey ideas both internally AND externally
- Work closely with Production, Engineering and Art Leads to make project critical decisions that ensure game quality is maintained without jeopardizing the delivery of game milestones
The Must Have’s
- 5+ years game design experience within a studio environment (with at least 3+ years focused on Free-to-Play development)
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Exceptional understanding of game structure and systems
- Exceptional ability to produce clear and workable documentation
- Wide knowledge base of past and present games, across all genres
- Able to communicate your ideas clearly, concisely and efficiently
- Adaptable and able to quickly pick-up new skills and ways of working
- Comfortable working closely with others and looking after creative teams
If this role sparks your interest, please contact Ryan Laville at Haptic Recruit and LET THE GAMES BEGINN #GameChanger