Posted on: 17th December 2021
Talewind is on a mission to turn limitless creativity and social play into professional, accessible games for the metaverse, starting with Roblox.
About The Studio
Founded in 2021, Talewind is on a mission to turn limitless creativity and social play into professional, accessible games for the metaverse, starting with Roblox. With a focus on being kind to their players, their employees and the planet, they have rapidly grown from the founding team of 4 to studio 15 strong.
On a quest to better the metaverse with games that are fresh, fun, and full of adventure, they are building products for an astonishing 43 million active daily users and are lining up a soft launch of their flagship title Breezy Bay, described as "Animal Crossing meets RuneScape" for Q2 2022.
Having recently closed a second round of seed funding with a runway of $4.2 million and counting, they have ambitious growth plans and are now branching out, creating new partnerships on different platforms.
Responsibilities & Requirements
As our Lead Game Developer, you will head up the team of developers for our flagship game Breezy Bay, and report to our Technical Director.
- Leading a team building features on Roblox using Luau and the Roblox API
- Architecting the project and determining the technical approaches to best continually
expand Breezy Bay into the future
- Releasing frequent, stable updates in a live ops environment once the game is live.
- Maintaining a healthy codebase and game by prioritising the project’s bugs and
minimising its technical debt
- Collaborating with and supporting the wider team with all technical processes for
- Championing your team’s growth and cultivating an environment of open
communication, cooperation and teamwork
We are on the hunt for a talented and motivated Lead Game Developer to play a major role in the creation and development of our games and shape the future of our studio. To be considered you will need the following skills and attributes:
What you need:
- Worked as a Lead Developer in the games industry, having delivered the full development cycle for at least 2 titles
- Experience developing for mobile, multiplayer and live ops
- Extensive programming knowledge and a propensity to solving problems
- A keen understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies
- A positive attitude with the ability to engage and motivate teams
Nice to haves:
- Experience developing for Roblox
- Experience working in a remote team
Please note, even if you do not match these requirements exactly but still believe you’ll be a good fit, we want to hear from you.
Benefits + Perks:
- 4 day working week, Monday to Thursday, Friday is yours!
- Fully remote, but you will need to be UK based!
- In person quarterly team socials
- We’re a small team with big dreams. Every single employee will have a direct impact
on the way we run our company and the games that we make
- Enrollment in our EMI share option scheme, every employee owns a stake in our
At Haptic Recruit we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the best teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are dedicated to building the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this commitment whenever you apply for a job with us one of our specialist recruiters will support you each step of the way. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation we’re always here to help.