Posted on: 29th September 2020
Once upon a game...
Veterans of the gaming industry for over 25 years came together to create a studio that would set the standards of AR/VR today.
A large team of 70 people working hard on small dedicated teams.
Today they are focused on their new AAA VR Game.
The role you play...
Joining the team as a lead game programmer, you will be working closely with the core project team in order to set up and develop the project. You will be responsible for the technical core of the games and player experiences. Within the role, you will manage the tech team as well as writing aspects of the project's code.
What your week might look like...
- Analysing issues and resolve them in order to efficiently fix challenging bugs.
- Adapting and Developing the studio's pipeline and coding standards in order to create a fantastic gaming experience for our consumers.
- Using your knowledge of C++, design patterns, algorithms and data structures and object orientation order to create sustainable technical designs and steering your team towards the best implementation of a feature or system.
- To mentor programmers in your team and help them grow throughout the project.
- To be at the centre of your project and create an overall plan and technical design with the help of your team and in coordination with the chief engineer.
- To consistently take into account the success of performance in order to continue to create excellent games and experiences and maintain the smooth 72+ FPS.
- Working closely with the leads of other sectors, your own producer and game director in order to establish the technical direction of the project.
What we are looking for...
- Passionate about VR.
- Experience working with VR is preferable.
- Management experience with a team of programmers for at least one full cycle of a project.
- Responsible for the delivery of one full cycle project on time and to an excellent standard.
- Experience in writing games or hobby projects in C++.
- Have a good understanding of all the concepts of C++, such as object-oriented approach. polymorphism, structures, visibility, smart pointer types, templates, inheritance, pointers and references, containers, overloading, multiple inheritance etc.
- Right to work in the EU.
- Excellent technical and creative abilities.
What you can look forward to...
- Benefits reflected by your experience and job role.
- You will be entitled to flexible working hours.
- Beautiful studio located in the heart of Amsterdam
- Up to 30% income tax reduction for eligible ex-pats.
- 26 days holiday, with the option to buy 5 more.
- Group activities throughout the year and an annual VR game jam.
- Working within a company that values a healthy work-life balance.
- Free pension plan
- Access to an onsite canteen offering cheap, healthy lunch options.
- Friday afternoon drinks with colleagues.
- Free train commuting to and from Amsterdam if you are located outside of the city.
- Access to the latest VR hardware to use within the studios and take home when necessary.
- Dependant on your situation, it is possible to have financial support for relocation.