Posted on: 2nd June 2021
Once upon a game…
Founded in 2020 by 3 ambitious co-founders and supported by Epic Games, Omeda Studios is developing Predecessor, a F2P third-person action MOBA for PC and console. With a core team already in place, they’re currently looking to bring in talented people in several key senior positions.
They have recently closed millions in seed funding and will be closing an additional Series A funding round in the next 6 - 9 months adding an additional 5+ year runway with support from some of the best VCs and Angels in the industry.
Additionally, they already have an active and engaged discord following of 40k+ members, 100k+ signups and an alpha release slated for summer 2021.
The role you play…
Joining Omeda as a Senior Gameplay Programmer you will be responsible for implementing new and exciting gameplay features within a multiplayer environment.
What your week might look like…
- Leading implementation as the team builds towards a PC/Console launch
- Working with the Technical Director to hire, mentor and champion best practices within the engineering team
- Owning technical design and implementation of large-scale game features
- Working with the Technical Director to plan and maintain roadmaps
- Maintaining a positive attitude and problem-solving approach to difficult problems to ensure the team stays focused and fast-moving
- Leading the vision for different gameplay systems needed to deliver gameplay features
- Ensuring said features satisfy both surface-level and deeper engineering-specific requirements
What we are looking for…
- Professional game development experience
- Experience shipping at least one AAA title
- Excellent C++ skills
- The ability to code gameplay mechanics and tools
- Fantastic communication skills using both technical and nontechnical language
- Experience working on console projects
- Great problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box
- A self-motivated, driven individual willing to do whatever it takes
- Passionate about MOBAs
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience working on a live service game
- Experience with real-time networked multiplayer games
What you can look forward to…
- Opportunity to work fully remote
- Stock options
- Ability to be heavily involved from the beginning - perks of being a start-up
- Defining the studio's culture as they grow
If you don’t already live in London – Welcome to the good life…
- One of the most multicultural cities in the World
- Leading global city in everything from the arts and fashion, technology to gaming
- Over 7,000 pubs, 270 underground stations and numerous shops, bars, restaurants, castles and even the famous Harry Potter studio
- Schools within walking distances
- Hundreds of parks, free museums and art galleries
- And we haven’t even mentioned that it's the hub for Gaming in Europe.