Posted on: 20th May 2020
Once upon a time…
A studio with more than 16 years’ experience in the industry, creating compelling games that have been brought to life on millions of screens across the globe. Today, they are a leading developer in the German console and PC market, having created award winning Titles on different platforms and working on original IP’s.
With a very exciting future and a recent release of an upcoming IP. They are committed on delivering amazing gameplay on classic genres, leveraging the latest technologies to create richer, more detailed, ray traced environments, all in 4K and 60FPS.
Where you come in…
- Take ownership for the whole project
- Aligning ideas and vision with local management and producing team.
- Close collaboration with your leadership crew on the project, such as Creative Director, Art Director, Audio Director and Lead Programmer
- Ensuring the delivery of the best game possible, in quality, time and budget
- Planning, control, supervision and documentation of game development processes together with Project Managers
- Responsibility for meeting deadlines
- Process optimization utilizing effective conflict and time management and intensive internal & external communication
- Coordination of quality management and localization
- Team management and supervision
- Direction of the daily operations of the respective development team (including mentoring, early detection of potential risks, adherence to time limits and quality requirements)
- Estimation and adjustment of general strategies as well as specific game designs, game concepts, and user feedback
What we are looking for…
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience in a similar position is a must, ideally with experience on AAA console titles
- Shipped at least 2 titles (preferably on console)
- Steady in ownership under uncertain circumstances
- Outstanding organisation and multitasking talents combined with the ability to meet deadlines
- Proven leadership abilities and strong communication skills
- Good understanding of large-scale production pipelines is beneficial
- Assertiveness accompanied with strong social skills and capacity for teamwork
- Strong ability to work under pressure and resolve problems and conflicts
- Experience in dealing with competitive requirements and priorities
- Very good knowledge of the English language (written and spoken)
Self-contained, motivated and aim-oriented way of working as well as a high level of self-motivation.
If you don’t already live in Hamburg…Welcome to the good life!
- Hamburg is picked as ‘One of the most liveable cities in the World’.
- The city has 2 stunning lakes at its heart, used for sailing and regattas!
- It's a little-known fact that Hamburg has more bridges inside its city limits than any other city in the world and more canals than Amsterdam and Venice combined.
- Fantastic for families and wonderful schooling systems.
- It’s a fantastic gaming and tech hub – home to the likes of Google and Facebook!
- The city is brimming with personality, has a rich culture and famous for its music scene.
They are just as passionate about our games as we are about their creators (Could that be you?!). Your job comes with personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes. And most importantly - A motivated, international team full of fellow gamers.
The studio is located in a bright, modern office, right in the centre of Hamburg. With a selection of benefits for all our staff: Including discounted gym membership, fresh fruit and a variety of free drinks. A healthy work-life balance is important to you? For us too! That’s why we are also awarded as a family-friendly workplace. Coming from abroad? No problem! We also offer relocation packages and full support. We even have a flat we can put you up in until you find your own place.