Posted on: 5th January 2022
Join an exciting start-up with an incredible team hard at work to become the first recognised Blockchain Gaming studio in London.
About The Studio
Founded in 2018 this exciting London start-up benefits from an incredible team with experience built at the likes of UsTwo, Wargaming, Sony, Rebellion & Lionhead.
Having made an exciting Pivot into the rapid growth area of Blockchain Gaming, First Light Games are hard at work developing Blast Royal, a free to play, fun to earn Battle Royal title.
With a solid Seed Round funding completed in Q1 2020 and led by Korea Investment Partners with support from Dune and Play Ventures they are now re-raising funds to grow the first recognised Blockchain Gaming studio in London.
Responsibilities & Requirements
We’re looking for a Principal Software Developer to help us create the next generation of games at First Light Games, to work on ambitious and grand ideas that have the potential to redefine how future games will look and play.
This is an opportunity to join a bold veteran team, work together with every other discipline to help build both games, and technology, which challenge the limits of gaming as we know it. Work with a small team, where you can have true ownership and a big impact. We're looking for someone that wants to dream big, and can help us build it.
- Work closely with designers, artists and other engineers to achieve the vision of the game and ensure a great player experience
- Write clear, maintainable code to implement new features in Unity using C#, that can be understood by any future “you” and even by a new junior programmer
- Architect large scalable systems with the team
- Use Git for your code, with pull requests & code reviews
- Work in a agile development process to release a mobile game to iOS & Android
- Work as part of a team, but with plenty of opportunity to take responsibility on an individual level
With only a few developers on the team you'll get to enjoy the variety of working on lots of different areas of game development. It’s important that you take pride in your work, and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality and fun to players. You are comfortable taking a feature from an idea on a post-it to a fully working and polished implementation and can teach us something new, too.
To be considered you will need the following skills and attributes:
- 6+ years professional experience as a software engineer working in a game development team
- Knowledge of scalable software architectures and distributed services
- Experience in OOP with Unity3D in C#
- Experience shipping a game on mobile
- Passion for games
Nice to haves:
- Experience working on a Live Ops game
- Experience working on an online game, preferable an online shooter
- Experience leading a tech gaming team
- Experience with back-end & network engineering
- Experience in Data-Driven programming with Unity3D in C#
- Interest in F2P games
- Interest in web3/blockchain games
Please note, even if you do not match these requirements exactly but still believe you’ll be a good fit, we want to hear from you.
Benefits + Perks:
- Stock Options
- 32 Vacation days (24 + 8 bank Holidays)
- Flexible working conditions
- Matched pension contributions
- Free beer/prosecco via our landlord, WeWork
- Monthly social nights, weekly social events
- Central London location (Holborn)
- Free T shirt
At Haptic Recruit we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the best teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are dedicated to building the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this commitment whenever you apply for a job with us one of our specialist recruiters will support you each step of the way. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation we’re always here to help.