Posted on: 19th January 2023
About the Studio
Join a studio with a fantastic mission: to bring you the evolution of fitness directly to your doorstep. Fight, run, leap, and dodge your path to better health while exploring a unique fantasy world. Thanks to a groundbreaking, wearable console that lets you interact with it through powerful haptics, motion tracking, and endurance simulation — without needing a VR set-up!
Their pre-launch marketing had tremendous results: $1.5M just in pre-order revenue. They have also secured over $5M in funding from top-tier VCs, and their investors include — but are not limited to — Khosla Ventures, the founders of Twitch, Y-Combinator, and more!
Responsibilities and Requirements
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will develop our brand strategy and execute global go-to-market campaigns. You will report directly to the VP of Marketing.
- Execute against brand strategies, target audience, positioning and franchise key performance indicators
- Support building out a long-term, global, franchise marketing strategy as well as title-specific campaigns and brand/IP development
- Oversee the creative and go-to-market elements of our content calendar
- Develop, manage and implement promotions and holiday campaigns in close collaboration with our internal and external partners
- Provide product / competitive expertise for Development & Marketing Teams
- Analyse and scrutinise the company’s key metrics and user feedback on a real-time basis to determine user trends and behaviour
- Incorporate best practices derived from analysis of in-game data, sales numbers and financial metrics and communicate essential takeaways to management
- Deliver a consistent voice of the player in concept to develop through to final production and live service execution
- Partner with the development team on multi-year franchise roadmaps
- Regularly partner, present and report to studio leadership and stakeholders on marketing strategies, plans, and findings
You’re all about groundbreaking tech and the means to market and sell it globally across most audiences. You’re fascinated with how social media, the Internet, and tech devices interact and bring great content at lightspeed. Even better: you’re thrilled about bridging the gap between people and the gadgets that will change their world.
- 5+ years of social media marketing experience in a D2C environment
- Mastery of most common social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tik Tok, Twitter, YouTube, Discord, etc.)
- Digital design experience (for social media; Photoshop / InDesign / Illustrator)
- Exhaustive copywriting experience (for social media)
- Previous experience working with content creators on content briefs, supply, testing & optimisation
- Comfortable with change, uncertainty, and working on time and quality
- Outstanding written and spoken English communication
- Video editing & design experience (Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc.)
- Familiarity with social media management systems, e.g. Hootsuite
Desirable talents include:
- Gaming and/or consumer fitness experience
- Hardware and software experience in connected fitness or games with peripherals
- Subscription product experience
- Start-up /scale-up experience
Benefits and Perks
All of our employees receive these benefits:
- Options - we want everyone at our studio to take ownership of building our business together so we are pleased to offer all employees a stake in the business to share in our future success.
- Flexibility - Hybrid employees have the flexibility to work from home on
- Free Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays - we all get together in the office on Mondays and Fridays to plan, collaborate and socialise together.
- Work from Anywhere - the opportunity to work for up to 10 days per year outside of your country of employment.
- Egalitarian parental leave - enhanced parental leave of 6 weeks full pay for all new parents, plus further maternity, adoption and shared parental leave in line with statutory requirements.
- Pension scheme - Our studio will contribute 3% alongside an employee contribution of 5% of your qualifying earnings.
- Holiday allowance - currently 5.6 weeks of holiday per annum, inclusive of UK bank holidays. From 1st January 2023, we will offer 25 days of annual leave + bank holidays. Beginning in 2022, we will also give all employees the days off between Christmas and New Year (an extra three days of holiday!)
- £300 per year Wellbeing Budget to spend via our well-being platform, Heka.
- £300 per year Personal Learning and Development Budget to spend on the resources that work for you, in consultation with your Line Manager.
- Access for you and your dependants to our Employee Assistance
- Programme and Private Telemedicine service 365 days a year, providing you with support for your mental and physical health as well as financial and legal matters.
- Cycle to Work scheme - a tax-efficient way to purchase a new bike, with most people saving at least 33%.
- PureGym discount - we have a PureGym on-site at our offices in Oval, with a 5-10% discount on membership.
- Game and book library - we want everyone to have the resources to learn - whatever book you want to read or game you want to try, let us know.
- Regular team socials - to bring everyone together (both virtually and in-person) to celebrate our successes.
- Little extras - we want everyone to be comfortable and at their best at work, so we provide complimentary coffee/tea, fresh fruit and snacks throughout the day.
At Haptic, we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the most promising teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are committed to assembling the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this pledge, whenever you apply for a job with us, one of our specialist recruiters will support you through each stage. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation, we’re always here to help.