Posted on: 16th May 2023
About the Studio
Founded by veterans of the PC modding scene almost ten years ago, this video game studio has only one thing in mind: to develop the most realistic, thrilling tactical games in the marketplace. Carefully blending historical accuracy, large-scale battles, and teamwork tools and priorities like few other games have, this developer has landed three impressive, compelling multiplayer war simulation games on Steam.
Now, this company is using their broad experience in tactical first-person shooters to develop a new game for a cherished science-fiction IP that will surely bring nostalgic feelings to its audience. Will you lead the charge and bring the fight to their enemies’ homes? Service warrants citizenship!
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Create high-quality full-body and first-person animations based on established artistic and gameplay direction.
- Integrate animations into the engine.
- Ability to push the animation style and advance the look and feel of the animation in the game in conjunction with the Lead Animator.
- Rig the most complex weapon props, vehicles and characters.
- Collaborate closely with the Lead Animator to understand the quality objectives, gameplay intentions and engine capacities to anticipate the in-game look of the animations.
- Support with the triage of the team’s animation bugs.
- Managing animation quality of final assets in-engine and ensuring they are game ready.
- End-to-end Game Development Experience. 2 or more shipped titles desirable.
- 5+ years of animation experience within the games industry
- Required Skills:
- Expert understanding of movement, pose and timing.
- Familiarity with the nuances of first-person viewport animation.
- A solid skillset to create the mech/props animation is a plus.
- The ability to create creature animation in various styles is a plus
- Ability to work from reference materials such as video recordings or already established animation.
- Solid knowledge of rigging.
- Solid knowledge of the animation process in Maya or equivalent software.
- Understanding of the technical constraints in game development and the ability to apply them when animating.
- Organised and clean workflow, compatible with a collaborative environment.
- Outstanding communication skills across all levels and organisations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Managerial Competencies:
- Assist the Lead Animator with taskings.
- Mentor junior and intermediate-level animators, improving their skill sets and helping them in their day-to-day tasks.
- Participate in the process of recruiting top talent for careers at the studio.
Benefits and Perks
This studio is a fast-paced and dynamic place to work. Although based in Canada, their distributed development model allows them to work remotely within North America. By choosing to work with this studio, you will have the opportunity to:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- Retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Three weeks of paid vacation and two weeks of paid studio shutdown over the December holiday period
- Wonderful colleagues!
At Haptic, we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the most promising teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are committed to assembling the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this pledge, whenever you apply for a job with us, one of our specialist recruiters will support you through each stage. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation, we’re always here to help.