Posted on: 22nd February 2023
About the Studio
If you have always thought of developing a Soulslike game, a roguelike, or both, here’s your chance. Join a young, ambitious studio in developing a groundbreaking AAA game that aims to bring these game genres to the next step.
Based in the US, this studio is open to remote work across North America. Working with leading technologies and Unreal Engine 5, this game focuses on stylish animation and combo-driven game mechanics. Rich, fantasy-inspired storytelling and co-op multiplayer round up a package we trust will place itself among the best games soon.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Work directly with the Director of Art Management and discipline leads in organising art teams, schedule management, and assisting with developing and revising art style guides and art pipelines.
- Partner with internal and outsourcing teams to properly communicate asset requests, help drive milestones and ensure deadlines are met to deliver content safely.
- Ensure alignment on scope, dependencies, and deliverables and deliver products on time and within budget.
- Work closely with leads to evaluate and manage art assets and their integration into the project.
- Effectively report on project status & health to leadership, identifying blockers and challenges and driving paths to resolution.
- Schedule, facilitate, and document team meetings.
- Manage, build and improve the art pipeline.
- A minimum of 4+ years working as an Art Producer in the game industry with a track record of producing AAA titles, with at least one shipped title.
- Experience managing large art production teams (15+).
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- A good understanding of content development pipelines (modelling, animation, VFX, etc.) as well as external development/outsourcing best practices.
- Have a background in art that helps you thoroughly understand the artistic and technical side of art production
- Knowledge of various project management methodologies including Agile methodologies.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient user of Confluence, Jira, Google Workspace, and Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of key art tools, Unreal Engine, 3D Maya, etc.
Benefits and Perks
Although this is a fully remote role, it still has all the benefits you would expect in an on-location job.
- Supportive colleagues! We are industry rockstars eager to share what we know and collaborate with our teams to deliver memorable gaming experiences
- AAA titles! Work with top franchises from industry-leading publishers, with your name on the credits
- We’ve got you covered! A comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive pay, medical, and vision plans for you and your family
- A studio you want to be a part of! Enjoy all the amenities in a comfortable workspace that fosters connections, professional development, and creativity
At Haptic, we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the most promising teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are committed to assembling the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this pledge, whenever you apply for a job with us, one of our specialist recruiters will support you through each stage. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation, we’re always here to help.