Posted on: 26th March 2021
Once upon a game…
Quell was established in 2020 by a small team with one goal, to combine deep, compelling gameplay with high-intensity exercise to create a fully immersive experience.
Off the back of a hugely successful Kickstarter campaign and alongside funding from Y-Combinator and investors including Twitch co-founders Kevin Lin and Emmett Shear, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, WikiHow founder Josh Hannah, TenCent, Khosla Ventures, Heartcore, Social Impact Capital and JamJar Investments, Quell are poised to redefine the relationship between gaming and fitness.
With their wearable tech ready to go their current focus is building an engaging fantasy RPG world brimming with life ready for the player to explore.
The role you play…
You will join the Quell team as a senior designer working closely with the design director to take the product from prototype to shipped. In this process, you will own key features and lead multidisciplinary teams to implement the agreed design.
You will play a huge role in helping to overcome the design challenges of exercise and turn something people dislike into something they can’t get enough of.
Note you must be able to work from the London based Quell office a few days a week to be considered.
What your week might look like…
- Define the direction, purpose and solution(s) of design proposals within the team.
- Communicate with the feature team. Updating the design document where relevant.
- Oversee implementation of design decisions, reacting fast to questions and flagging issues early.
- Scan the horizon for short, mid and long term tasks, assessing them against the
schedule and feature priority list.
- Dive into the editor whenever possible to implement rapidly and efficiently.
What we are looking for…
- Passionate about building games that make a difference
- Ability to adapt and move at pace
- Strong portfolio, including multiple games, shipped
- Clear communication of design challenges and decisions to the wider team
- Extremely confident working in-engine. Preferably Unity, but experience in Unreal Engine and proprietary engines are also valued.
- You have shipped games on console or PC
- Knowledge of C#
- Action/RPG/Combat experience
- Live ops experience
- Multiplayer experience
- Economy experience
- Experience working in startups
- You have experience of Games as a Service
What you can look forward to…
- Equity in a high-growth, well-capitalised start-up
- Book books and more books, for free. We’ll add anything you like to our library
- Up to 25%+ through our cycle to work scheme
- A chance to shape the culture of a young, ambitious new company
If you don’t already live in London – Welcome to the good life…
- One of the most multicultural cities in the World
- Leading global city in everything from the arts and fashion, technology to gaming
- Over 7,000 pubs, 270 underground stations and numerous shops, bars, restaurants, castles and even the famous Harry Potter studio
- Schools within walking distances
- Hundreds of parks, free museums and art galleries
- And we haven’t even mentioned that it's the hub for Gaming in Europe.