Posted on: 9th September 2022
About the Studio
Are you looking for the next challenge in your career? Are you in love with game development and design and would like to guide others through that path?
This offer is for you.
Join one of the most renowned mobile video game studios in the world. Known for their puzzle and logic games, they are looking for a Senior Game Designer who can improve and lead the way in their next project.
Responsibilities and Requirements
As a Senior Game Designer, you will work with an A+ mobile team to help grow and develop the studio’s current live titles. You will collaborate with the project’s other designers to learn the ins and outs of the game’s systems, design philosophy, and content creation.
You will also engage with the game’s current player base, connecting with the community to inform your design decisions and understand what they want to play. Of course, being part of the overall design pipeline means you will provide feedback and insight to designers, artists, and producers in the studio — either in proposed or live designs that might need adjustments.
- Build an understanding of the game and improve its inner workings
- Develop exciting new features that raise both engagement and monetisation
- Design new objects, events, and other supporting content
- Work closely with the Design team and other crucial teams such as production, art, engineering, analytics, QA, and marketing.
- Guide the Design team towards a long-term roadmap to guide content creation and feature development
- Give and receive feedback from anyone in the studio — we work as a team, no matter what you do or where you come from
- Strive for the highest standards of quality in both design and experience development while being a beacon of light and mentorship for your fellow designers
- Interact and engage with the community via Discord or similar channels
You are here to bring us together. You have amassed a significant amount of design knowledge, experience, analytical thinking, and insights over the years and are in an advantageous position to craft exciting new features and content.
- Highly proficient in the Unity framework
- A deep, demonstrable experience in game design
- Prior experience in level or puzzle design, including wireframing, prototyping, and flow diagrams
- Skilful at mathematical, analytical, and logical thinking
- An understanding of profitability and fun when approaching game development
- Previous experience leading, coaching, and mentoring teams in a friendly, pragmatic way
- A genuine passion for gaming
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
Benefits and Perks
- Highly competitive salary
- Private medical care, with life insurance and a favourable pension scheme
- Healthcare cash plan including both dental and optical coverage
- Relocation assistance for applicants outside the UK
- On-site chef and catering serving breakfast, lunch, and lots of treats
- Awesome tech and consoles to work, play, and relax with
At Haptic, we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the most promising teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are committed to assembling the most talented, diverse game makers.