Posted on: 11th April 2023
About the Studio
Innovation, state-of-the-art tech, and endless talent lie at the heart of this Swedish game development studio. Based in Stockholm and comprised of industry veterans previously working on the Battlefield series, this company is currently working on a sci-fi bloodsport, squad-based, free-to-play multiplayer shooter soon to be released.
If you’re looking for a challenge that tests your technical and artistic skills or just want to work with one of the leading developers in Sweden, this is the right place to do so!
Responsibilities and Requirements
As a Senior Game Designer, you will lead the design and development of the studio’s projects. You will also be responsible for inspiring and giving feedback to other game designers in the studio, as well as collaborating with the project leads and directors in refining concepts, prototypes, and features on time and within budget.
This role also involves taking managerial responsibilities on a seven-people Design team, mentoring junior-and-mid designers and encouraging them to produce scalable, balanced, and outstanding player Live Service and Free-to-Play experiences.
- 10+ years of experience designing and making games and a proven track record with multiple shipped titles.
- An excellent grasp of AAA PvP gameplay and game and systems design, including player psychology, UX design and gameplay mechanics and dynamics.
- Proficiency with the Unreal Engine and experience with Blueprints and scripting.
- Able to adapt to varied learning and communication styles of team members and stakeholders.
- A creative and curious mind.
- Good knowledge and familiarity with the various game maker disciplines, coding, animation, game physics, 3D Art, etc.
- Enjoyment of creative collaboration in cross-disciplinary groups.
- Professional English communication skills.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salaries and bonuses
- Passionate colleagues to share knowledge with
- An inclusive, diverse work environment
- A state-of-the-art office in the very heart of Stockholm, with incredible vistas, a terrace with baristas and food service, and a game room for you and your colleagues to enjoy
At Haptic, we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the most promising teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are committed to assembling the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this pledge, whenever you apply for a job with us, one of our specialist recruiters will support you through each stage. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation, we’re always here to help.