Posted on: 17th May 2023
About the Studio
Web3 brings the dawn of a new age, and this Spanish studio wants to be one of its pioneers. Closely working with a football superstar and one of the leading football player associations worldwide, this studio aims to revolutionise how we look at, feel, and play football games.
As this studio firmly believes in teamwork and Agile processes, you will not feel far away from the pitch if you decide to join them. They are looking for a Senior Game Designer to help them develop their first multiplatform game — will you be the one to lead them to victory?
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Conceptualise, design, direct, and build de game design pillars for a brand-new multiplayer soccer game.
- Create design documentation for level design, layouts and 3D block-outs for in-engine playtesting.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to develop and enhance the development of tools and processes used.
- Work closely with the art department to conceive and design characters, props and environments that are innovative and visually impressive.
- Be a positive influence on the entire team and as a Designer and promote the ultimate promise to deliver fun.
Ideally, you are a mid-senior game designer passionate about achieving the best results possible. Self-motivation and team motivation are paramount.
- 3-4+ years of experience in the games industry working in Game Design, with at least one title published.
- Strong working knowledge of game design systems, level flow, engagement, economy balancing, environmental storytelling, playtesting, etc.
- Experience in rapid prototyping to test the viability of concepts.
- Understanding of level creation/editing packages (preferably Unity).
- You have a full understanding of the relationship between gameplay elements within the level and the overall game experience. In addition, you also have full knowledge of the player interaction with the gameplay elements, and you can define those in a way that enhances the gameplay experience.
- Strong communication skills, positive attitude, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Ability to self-critique and accept outside critique. The more feedback you receive, the more you can tailor your work towards what is best for the game.
- Ability to learn and master new tools and techniques.
- Passion for making and playing games.
Desirable bonus qualifications include:
- Working experience using an object-oriented scripting language.
- Shipped AAA game(s) is a plus.
Benefits and Perks
If you are looking for a great environment to grow and develop your skills, this studio is the right place. You will join experienced professionals in the video game sector with exceptional team spirit and an interest in sharing their knowledge with others.
- Attractive remuneration package — depending on previous work experience
- Flexible times, with shared hours between each team
- On-site work with remote options
At Haptic, we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the most promising teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are committed to assembling the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this pledge, whenever you apply for a job with us, one of our specialist recruiters will support you through each stage. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation, we’re always here to help.