Posted on: 25th September 2020
Once Upon A Game...
One of the leading Hyper Casual mobile game companies in the UK, creating highly addictive and hugely successful games enjoyed by millions of people around the world.
Their games have had 31+ million downloads in just 3 years and games published by Voodoo, Lion Studios and Kwalee.
With major success during this time they are now building out their engineering team to start the next stage of growth.
The Role You Play...
Joining them as a Senior Game Developer you will work closely with the other developers, guiding, mentoring and supporting them creatively when producing hit games.
You will be involved in creating exciting, scalable mobile games, played by millions. It is highly important that you have a good understanding of the mobile games market and the everchanging trends within this field.
What your week might look like...
- You will be a crucial member of a small, talented team who assists each other in developing their personal skills throughout the creation process.
- Writing a strong code base that will be consistently successful.
- Working with some of the best publsihers in the world in the hyper casual and casual market - Voodoo, Kwalee, Lion Studios etc.
- Supporting your own ideas surrounding new game features.
- Creating new and exciting hit games.
What we are looking for...
- Experience in deconstructing, analysing and adapting mobile game mechanics
- 4+ Years of professional experience in a Unity project or impactful gaming project
- The ability to speak and write in English
- A creative/ hacker mindset
- Experience in the sector of professional game development
- A track record of successful mobile game development
- A substantial amount of gameplay experience
What you can look forward to...
- The ability to work remotely if desired
- The studio is based in a sunny Kent seaside town with a state of the art office space (including a slide!!)
- You will be given access to seminars and development conferences
- Competitive salary
- Bonuses are given out (over the past 3 years these have resulted in an extra 7.5k - 10k each year)
- Regular Hackathons and Game Jams