Posted on: 10th March 2020
Once upon a game...
Two brothers who had (more than a) knack for making games founded a studio 8 years ago whose games are on 1 in every 5 persons phone in the World!
Today, their mobile first studio stands at 3 offices and 150 people strong.
They have an incredibly impressive strong portfolio, built on the 3 pillars of innovation, quality and fun. They have won many awards including `Game of the Year' more than once…
Currently, they stand at 1.6Billion downloads.
They are focussing a lot of attention on their newest Barcelona studio; They are growing a lot and this is where all of their new titles are being developed.
The role you play...
Join them as a senior unity developer - In order to create outstanding games, they need outstanding tools to match. Whilst developing new titles, they are developing and challenging the systems that will allow them to make better and faster games.
What your week might look like:
- Design, develop and maintain software requirements, features and pipelines
- Be fundamental in planning and designing new tools
- Help prioritise tasks, identify fast wins & distributing amongst team
- Support team members in their work, share knowledge and experiences
- Work closely and support design, art and UI on achieving shared goals
- Communicate and support with other offices when necessary
- Help improve tech documentation of project
- Help C++ transition to Unity
What you can look forward too…
- They are indie, you won’t just be another developer, your impact will be real, your voice will be heard and your role in the project will be weighty.
- Pushing out of your comfort zone is key, change won’t be a challenge, it will be welcome.
- Be a big fish in a big pond, their ambitions match the industry giants, but their culture is closer to a start-up.
- The office is close to the beach, comfy and spacious.
- Grow with the studio. Encourage you in your personal career path; listen, review and act.
- Big emphasis on working with the latest tech and personal growth
- Great compensation package (from salary to social intangible elements. Package includes medical insurance, meals, travel, fitness, mobile payments, payment of tourist trips and a lot of additional services)
What we are looking for…
- 4+ years of professional game development experience
- Shipped 1+ game in Unity
- Disciplined and profound programming skills, awareness of best practices and techniques used in games
- Best friends with C#/Unity
- Acquaintances with Android studio/XCode
- “Met at a party once” Native libraries (iOS, Android)
- Can/Enjoys clearly communicating technological concepts, challenges and trade-offs to non-technical people
- Understand how unity UI works and its challenges
If you don’t already live in Barcelona – Welcome to the good life!
- A wonderful city with a beautiful Old town, on the beach, near mountains with a rich culture & history. Very diverse, home to anyone from families, young professionals to old timer :).
- Great schools
- Easily accessible and affordable housing options
- Sunny climates most of the year
- Slower pace of life, emphasis on work/life balance.
- Last but not least…Wine, music, sangria, tapas & chocolate.
Does this resonate with you and where you want to take your career next?
Click apply and let’s schedule a call to discuss further :)