Posted on: 19th January 2023
About the Studio
Join a AAA studio responsible for some of the most inspiring storytelling seen in the gaming industry in the last years. With multiple Game of the Year and BAFTA nominations endorsing its outstanding work, this studio not only collaborated with one of the most inclusive, thought-provoking video game series during the 2010s.
It is also doing joint work with one of the most legendary story-based studios on its brand revival and developing the first game that brings a cherished science-fiction property to the video game space.
The company continues to expand, looking for accomplished storytellers and inspirational team leaders to join its 100+ employee roster. Will you help shape the next classic story in gaming?
Responsibilities and Requirements
As a Senior Graphics Engineer, you will collaborate with the Art and Engineering teams in defining and delivering the look and feel of an unannounced AAA single-player adventure game. Ideally, you have been a talented Senior Graphics Programmer or Graphics Technical Artist curious about making incredible games that focus on visual storytelling.
- Research and deliver the latest rendering techniques to keep the studio on the cutting edge of the console and PC industries.
- Drive the look and feel of our game across all platforms, maintaining fantastic visuals on each.
- Optimise VFX and graphics to make sure both look the best way possible and can run smoothly across all platforms.
- Work closely with the Art and Engineering teams to help define best practices in game development.
- Senior-level experience in the console/PC industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Graphics, Math, or equivalent
- Passionate about creating gorgeous, optimised visuals
- Superb 3D math and linear algebra skills
- Mastery of C++ and shader programming languages
- Comprehensive knowledge of the latest shading and lighting techniques
- Be a driven, motivated personality that wants to make great games
Bonus skills include:
- Prior experience with Unreal Engine
- Multiple shipped games in a Graphics role
- Previous experience working in AAA games
- Raytracing experience
Benefits and Perks
Although this is a fully remote role, it still has all the benefits you would expect in an on-location job.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Generous vacation time and paid parental leave
- Health insurance for you and your family at a low cost to you
- Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family at NO cost to you
- Life and Disability benefits at NO cost to you
- Optional Flexible Spending Account (including Healthcare and Limited Purpose),
- Dependent Care Account and Health Savings Account available
- Optional Supplemental Health and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with an Employer Match
- Growth opportunities for your career
At Haptic, we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the most promising teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are committed to assembling the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this pledge, whenever you apply for a job with us, one of our specialist recruiters will support you through each stage. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation, we’re always here to help.