Posted on: 11th May 2023
About the Studio
Founded by veterans of the PC modding scene almost ten years ago, this video game studio has only one thing in mind: to develop the most realistic, thrilling tactical games in the marketplace. Carefully blending historical accuracy, large-scale battles, and teamwork tools and priorities like few other games have, this developer has landed three impressive, compelling multiplayer war simulation games on Steam.
Now, this company is using their broad experience in tactical first-person shooters to develop a new game for a cherished science-fiction IP that will surely bring nostalgic feelings to its audience. Will you lead the charge and bring the fight to their enemies’ homes? Service warrants citizenship!
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Being one of the primary contributors in a multiplayer PC game
- Designing, prototyping, implementing and refining core game systems
- Analyzing and improving game performance
- Adapting to unfamiliar areas of code or concepts when investigating a problem
- Work closely with the rest of the programming team to assist in the development, to be a positive contributor to the improvement and integration of new code
- Coordinating with the testing team to work on fixes for bugs
- Working with members of other departments on cross-department features [e.g., sound, animation, VFX]
- Integrating third-party SDKs and Unreal Engine updates
- Work with technical artists and guide them on best practices in implementations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years full-time experience working as a software engineer within the games industry
- Excellent understanding of C++
- Experience with game engines
- Familiarity with command line tools and operations
- Experience with Unreal Engine is considered a plus
- English is required
Benefits and Perks
This studio is a fast-paced and dynamic place to work. Although based in Canada, their distributed development model allows them to work remotely within North America. By choosing to work with this studio, you will have the opportunity to:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- Retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Three weeks of paid vacation and two weeks of paid studio shutdown over the December holiday period
- Wonderful colleagues!
At Haptic, we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the most promising teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are committed to assembling the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this pledge, whenever you apply for a job with us, one of our specialist recruiters will support you through each stage. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation, we’re always here to help.