Posted on: 29th September 2020
Once upon a game...
Veterans of the gaming industry for over 25 years came together to create a studio that would set the standards of AR/VR today.
A large team of 70 people working hard on small dedicated teams.
Today they are focused on their new AAA VR Game.
The role you play...
Joining the team as a Senior Technical Animator you will be working closely with animators, modellers, designer and programmers, collaboratively creating an exciting new AAA VR game! You will be focused on the detail of your animation work in order to make this project come to life.
What your week might look like...
- You will be setting up animation and character blueprints for the project.
- Perfecting the animation within the project and making crucial checks and tweaks throughout.
- Working closely with other animators, game designers, programmers and character artists and give your own advice and assistance throughout.
- Creating custom rigs, tools and scripts in order to create a streamlined animation process.
- Maintaining a seamless workflow and paying attention to crucial details.
- Demonstrating the ability to learn and progress from others within your team.
- Providing technical support to others and offering solutions to maximise the efficiency of the game.
What we are looking for...
- It is important that you have a passion and experience with VR games.
- You excel in a supporting role as well as the ability to take charge when necessary.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with rigging and skinning.
- Experienced with art using Maya and UEA.
- Experience working with facial animation and cinematic pipelines.
- Excellent C# or C++ Knowledge in Maya (Python and MEL)
- A sharp eye for core animation principles (timing, weight etc.)
- Experience working on at least one full production cycle in a high-quality game.
- Knowledge of modelling and texturing so as to advise 3D modellers on deformations etc.
- Experience in establishing, developing and tweaking animations in a game engine (preferably UE4)
- You are someone who actively seeks opportunities to make the workflow of animation more smooth and constantly improve quality.
- You have the ability to work with both hand keyed and motion-captured animation.
What you can look forward to...
- Benefits reflected by your experience and job role.
- You will be entitled to flexible working hours.
- Beautiful studio located in the heart of Amsterdam
- Up to 30% income tax reduction for eligible ex-pats.
- 26 days holiday, with the option to buy 5 more.
- Group activities throughout the year and an annual VR game jam.
- Working within a company that values a healthy work-life balance.
- Free pension plan
- Access to an onsite canteen offering cheap, healthy lunch options.
- Friday afternoon drinks with colleagues.
- Free train commuting to and from Amsterdam if you are located outside of the city.
- Access to the latest VR hardware to use within the studios and take home when necessary.
- Dependant on your situation, it is possible to have financial support for relocation.