Posted on: 4th May 2020
Once upon a game…
Founded by a marvellous man in 2012 who thought Global from the outset, with the vision to create World leading mobile games which put players first.
Now 8 years on, 120 people strong and their games being played in 150 countries!
With a strong portfolio of original and highly acclaimed IPs under their belt, they made a World-class partnership last year with the Queen (and King) of mobile games, this turbocharged their studio and allowed them to innovate and take risks with a backer that trusts them and thinks long-term.
This gives them a wonderful big sister to lean on in terms of resources, talent and advice both with the ambition to make mobile games for a global audience.
Now with 85% of their studio chasing the next big hit, they have a huge few years ahead.
The role you play...
With your eye for clean and artful design, you will be imperative when determining how their games look, feel and perform, working always as an advocate for our players. You will possess superior visual design skills, be able to translate high-level requirements into best-in-class interaction flows, and transform those flows into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
What your week might look like…
- Creating stunning User Interface art assets that are flexible and efficient to high quality and in a variety of styles.
- Produce creative, player-focused and easy to use wireframes, user flows and supporting documentation for our games.
- Act as the player advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing and/or expert review to iteratively improve solutions.
- Work hands-on with developers and other artists to implement user interfaces into the software.
What we are looking for….
- 3+ years of experience creating user interfaces and/or artwork for the web, mobile applications or video games
- An outstanding body of work demonstrating UI solutions
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq, or other visual design and wireframing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with regard to colour theory, layout and typography with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Proven ability to work with designers, producers and engineers to develop the designs through an iterative process
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders with appropriate levels of detail in a timely manner
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up to date with the latest UI trends, techniques, technologies and design psychology
- Passion for games & mobile gaming
What you can look forward to…
- True autonomy gets your creative juices flying and have real decision-making power.
- Designated creative time where you are free to work on own game concepts with your fellow comrades or solo.
- Be part of your mini tribe within the studio who inspire, challenge and learn from each other working towards the grand studio mission.
- Have the chance to take risks, innovate and act outside the box with the security and support from a big studio.
- Work with bafta winning individuals from some of the most successful studios in the World.
- Grow with the studio who care about your personal career path; listen, review and act.
- Work in a culture that prioritises doing the right thing for the players
- Participate in loads of internal and external events including; family/friend days, dungeons and dragons’ nights and environmental game jams!
- Big emphasis on working with the latest tools and practices.
- Great offering including; competitive salaries, 13% pension fund, healthcare, personal development budget etc.