Posted on: 9th September 2022
About the Studio
Have you had an itch for fashion, haute couture, and games?
The team behind the world’s first interactive luxury lifestyle and styling game is looking for a Senior Unity Engineer to join them. Led by veterans from the tech, luxury, gaming, and e-commerce industries, this award-winning, fast-growth digital platform aims to bring the fun, fantasy, and creativity of fashion to all.
Gamification, entertainment, and creativity blend with state-of-the-art technology to reflect daily global trends and create a place where everyone can dream of being the next fashionista or top model. Would you like to take part in this?
Responsibilities and Requirements
You will be responsible for several programming duties, including writing AI behaviours, gameplay mechanics, user interface design, and tools. Focusing on a new IP for console, PC, and mobile, your role might also involve helping on the studio’s legacy projects from time to time.
- Write the best code available using proven design patterns and experiential wisdom
- Estimate your work quickly and efficiently while proposing alternatives to save development time
- Collaborate closely with the Lead and Technical Manager to deliver new features and improvements to the game
- Work closely with Product, Design, and other teams to build the game
- Deliver code and review PRs promptly and efficiently
- Share knowledge with your peers and learn from them to support the team’s growth
- Contribute to a positive development culture, creating a safe and inclusive environment for all team members
- Grow dynamically with the studio and share your achievements with your teammates
Skills and Experience
- Highly proficient in Unity, C#, and other relevant programming languages
- Have mastery over software engineering fundamentals, e.g. design patterns, architecture at scale, sustainability over time, API design, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of game architectures and technologies, such as gameplay, economy, and graphics, among others
- Prior experience developing mobile games (both on iOS and Android) from the concept stage through to LiveOps, with an emphasis on the challenges involved in maintaining, iterating and scaling a game
- Strong understanding of CI/CD processes and source control
- Comfortable with Agile principles and methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- A passion for mobile gaming
Desirable perks include:
- Previous experience with implementing and maintaining third-party SDKs, e.g. Facebook, Firebase
- Considerable background in real-time rendering and bottlenecks
- Skilful with asynchronous, multi-threaded, parallel programming paradigms and techniques that allow to maximize UI responsiveness and do background operations
- Prior experience creating basic and custom shaders
- Knowledge of DLC pipelines, asset bundles, and dependency management
- Heavy usage of industry-standard bug reporting tools, such as JIRA
- Ideally, have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science
Benefits and Perks
Spread across the globe, this studio’s team pride itself on multiculturalism and diversity. It doesn’t matter if you come from gaming, tech, luxury fashion, or lifestyle: the company believes in inclusion, equitability, and creativity.
The studio’s benefits include:
- Competitive salaries
- Private medical insurance
- Dental, optical, and hearing cover
- Cycle scheme
- Life insurance
- 25 days of annual leave + local bank holidays
- Birthday leave
- Cross-team learning opportunities
- Hybrid/remote working options
At Haptic, we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the most promising teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are committed to assembling the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this pledge, whenever you apply for a job with us, one of our specialist recruiters will support you through each stage. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation, we’re always here to help.