Posted on: 27th August 2019
Haptic recruit is working on the behalf of a highly successful mobile games studio Based in London, they have many world-famous titles under their belt and are currently on the lookout for talented individuals who can innovate and play a major role in the taking the studio to the next level.
Some interesting facts about the studio:
- 55+ person, from 15+ nationalities and growing!
- Studio backed by one of the industry global giants.
- Current games are some of the most successful ever in the mobile F2P space
- 517 mil downloads and counting on their first major release.
- There latest game reached 10 million downloads in less than a week!
Have You Got What It Takes?
As a Server Engineer you will be experienced in implementing and running massively scalable backend services for games/applications. While reporting to the Lead Server Engineer, your main responsibilities would be to contribute to design and then implement key modules for the backend.
You will be capable of drawing on experience to help avoid pitfalls in backend design, delivering reliable and scalable solutions.
The Must Have’s
- Skilled in Java/other OOP language
- Practical knowledge of Redis/alternative technology
- Hands on experience of Docker
- Highly skilled at debugging, proven in multi-instance server environments
- Ability to analyze existing modules and extend it within given time constraints
- Experience in git or Perforce.
- Knowledge of AWS; EC2, EB, DynamoDB, Cloudwatch, etc.
- Worked on and maintained a SaaS solution with 1K+ DAU (not a must but good to have..)
- A degree in Computer Science or the equivalent in experience
- Worked in an Agile environment
- High-profile and popular IP
- Backed by industry giants
- Amazing office in central London – 2 floors, roof terrace and massive games area J
- Flexible office working hours
- Relocation Assistance
- Generous benefits package (healthcare, gym membership, life insurance, Childcare to name a few)
- And a lot more!
If this role sparks your interest, please contact Alex Williams at Haptic Recruit with your CV and Portfolio ASAP! Get, Set, Go!