Posted on: 17th May 2023
About the Studio
Web3 brings the dawn of a new age, and this Spanish studio wants to be one of its pioneers. Closely working with a football superstar and one of the leading football player associations worldwide, this studio aims to revolutionise how we look at, feel, and play football games.
As this studio firmly believes in teamwork and Agile processes, you will not feel far away from the pitch if you decide to join them. They are looking for a Software Engineer focused on tools & pipelines to help them develop their first multiplatform game — will you be the one to lead them to victory?
Responsibilities and Requirements
As Software Engineer, you will join the studio’s Engineering team: a specialised, cross-functional group of Frontend and Backend engineers responsible for providing all game-specific backend and Platform services. Being an engineer at an early-stage startup, you will wear many hats while leading all design and implementation efforts in your area of expertise.
- Co-architect, design, and implement our asset production pipelines & tools
- Ensure smooth operation
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand requirements and improve the usability of the game’s features
- Define, and ensure best practices
- Work with the Ops & Platform teams to ensure stable operations
- Help grow the team and define rituals & processes
Ideally, you are a senior software/backend engineer passionate about achieving the best results possible. Self-motivation and team motivation are paramount. You should also be an expert in the most groundbreaking tech related to gaming and backend services, with a knack for delivering the best results in a fast-paced environment.
- Good understanding of modern asset pipelines
- Previous experience in tools development
- Excellent knowledge of AWS and its services (e.g. EC2, S3, DynamoDb)
Desirable bonus qualifications include:
- 5+ years of experience in AWS-based solutions development
- Mastery of multiple programming languages
- Grasp of UI/UX principles
- Comprehensive understanding of web3 technologies
- Love for Football
Benefits and Perks
If you are looking for a great environment to grow and develop your skills, this studio is the right place. You will join experienced professionals in the video game sector with exceptional team spirit and an interest in sharing their knowledge with others.
- Attractive remuneration package — depending on previous work experience
- Flexible times, with shared hours between each team
- On-site work with remote options
At Haptic, we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the most promising teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are committed to assembling the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this pledge, whenever you apply for a job with us, one of our specialist recruiters will support you through each stage. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation, we’re always here to help.