Posted on: 9th August 2021
Come and join a creative team of game developers dedicated to creating community-driven games.
About The Studio
Founded in 2020, Omeda are already closing Series A funding for $8 - $15 million with backing from top VCs like GFR, 1Up Ventures and Ed Fries, gaming veteran and co-creator of Xbox.
Supported by Epic Games and with Paragon’s ex-Creative Director Steve Superville onboard as a key advisor, they are developing Predecessor, a F2P third-person action MOBA for PC and console.
With a dedicated community of 40k+ fans on Discord and 100k+ sign-ups before release, Omeda are gearing up for early access this year and full release in 2022 for PC and console.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Joining Omeda as a System Designer you will be responsible for creating systems that align with and support the game’s vision and mission.
- Working closely with the design director to understand the overall game design vision
- Designing systems that support the game’s direction in player engagement, AI, combat modes, online playability, etc.).
- Collaboratively discuss progress, tackle setbacks, provide feedback, set benchmarks, etc.
- Adapting to technical and production constraints, reworking designs when and as often as needed
- Participate in finding solutions to fix buggy features and optimize systems
- Have the opportunity to grow within an expanding studio and shape the growth within the systems team
You will be an experienced and skilled systems designer. To be considered you will need the following skills and attributes:
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Have shipped at least 1 live title
- Experience with AAA titles, multiplayer games, and/or live service titles
- Knowledge of economy systems and balance tuning
- Strong understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools
- Experience working in Unreal Engine
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative, interdisciplinary environment whilst delivering to deadlines
Please note, even if you do not match these requirements exactly but still believe you’ll be a good fit, we want to hear from you.
Benefits + Perks:
At Omeda Studio happiness is as important as hard work. Here are just a few of the benefits you will receive:
- Opportunity to work fully remote
- Stock options
- Ability to be heavily involved from the beginning - perks of being a start-up
- Defining the studio’s culture as they grow
You can also expect a genuinely inclusive working environment where your personal contribution will get noticed and valued.
At Haptic Recruit we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the best teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are dedicated to building the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this commitment whenever you apply for a job with us one of our specialist recruiters will support you each step of the way. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation we’re always here to help.