Posted on: 11th April 2023
About the Studio
If you have always considered developing a Soulslike game, a roguelike, or both, here’s your chance. Join a young, ambitious studio in developing a groundbreaking AAA game that aims to bring these game genres to the next step.
Based in the US, this studio is open to remote work across North America. Working with leading technologies and Unreal Engine 5, this game focuses on stylish animation and combo-driven game mechanics. Rich, fantasy-inspired storytelling and co-op multiplayer round up a package we trust will place itself among the best games soon.
Responsibilities and Requirements
The studio’s Tech Director will report directly to the Studio Head. This position will lead all aspects of the studio’s technical vision and development, playing an integral role in the company’s strategic planning and future growth.
As Tech Director, you will oversee all complexities of production, technology, and competition while working closely with other departments and project leads in devising and implementing the proper strategies to meet the needs of the studio’s stakeholders.
Being a key position, this role requires outstanding technical and communication skills, with prior experience in leadership and management at reputable game studios. All candidates must demonstrate the ability to engage and influence people under their command while also being capable of nurturing and training the next generation of studio leaders.
- 10+ years of management experience in the gaming industry with substantial experience in a lead or senior management role.
- Demonstrated expertise with all major industry technology platforms.
- Excellent skills in C++ and C# with a modern programming philosophy.
- Proven ability to create a robust and sustainable technology strategy, significantly increase efficiencies, and continuously deliver positive results to the company.
- The Tech Director will be the studio’s spokesperson in all technology-related matters and as such, the candidate will be extremely confident in articulating their technology knowledge when dealing with all parties outside the Company.
- Ability to nurture the skills of all members of the Engineering Department and ensure the skills and career development of all members of the Engineering Department, through timely and accurate performance reviews.
- Experience in creating processes to identify and develop talent within the Engineering Department and develop a robust succession plan for the department.
- Have a successful track record of establishing and managing multi-location development operations.
- Passion for making and playing games.
Benefits and Perks
Although this is a fully remote role, it still has all the benefits you would expect in an on-location job.
- Supportive colleagues! We are industry rockstars eager to share what we know and collaborate with our teams to deliver memorable gaming experiences
- AAA titles! Work with top franchises from industry-leading publishers, with your name on the credits
- We’ve got you covered! A comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive pay, medical, and vision plans for you and your family
- A studio you want to be a part of! Enjoy all the amenities in a comfortable workspace that fosters connections, professional development, and creativity
At Haptic, we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the most promising teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are committed to assembling the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this pledge, whenever you apply for a job with us, one of our specialist recruiters will support you through each stage. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation, we’re always here to help.