Posted on: 11th August 2021
Come and join a creative team of game developers dedicated to creating community-driven games.
About The Studio
Founded in 2020, Omeda is already closing Series A funding for $8 - $15 million with backing from top VCs like GFR, 1Up Ventures and Ed Fries, gaming veteran and co-creator of Xbox.
Supported by Epic Games and with Paragon’s ex-Creative Director Steve Superville onboard as a key advisor, they are developing Predecessor, a F2P third-person action MOBA for PC and console.
With a dedicated community of 40k+ fans on Discord and 100k+ sign-ups before release, Omeda is gearing up for early access this year and full release in 2022 for PC and console.
Responsibilities & Requirements
You will join the Omeda Studios team as a Technical Animator and help drive the development of Predecessor forward ready for full release next year.
- Working collaboratively with modellers and animators to ensure a smooth development pipeline
- Working in Unreal Engine creating Blueprints and State Machines for Advanced Locomotion systems
- Rigging characters and other assets
You will be first and foremost a team player, while also having the ability to be self-motivated, work autonomously and have the desire to lead their department. To be considered you will need the following skills and attributes:
- 4+ years of experience
- Strong c++ skills
- Able to work in Unreal Engine creating Blueprints and State Machines for Advanced Locomotion systems
- Experience rigging in Maya
- Portfolio of rigging for characters, bipeds, beasts
- Solid understanding of character aesthetics including character deformation and movement physics
- Fantastic communication skills
- Independent problem solving with the ability to communicate solutions
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Goal-orientated will the ability to work seamlessly as part of a team
Please note, even if you do not match these requirements exactly but still believe you’ll be a good fit, we want to hear from you.
Benefits + Perks:
At Omeda Studio happiness is as important as hard work. Here are just a few of the benefits you will receive:
- Opportunity to work fully remote
- Stock options
- Ability to be heavily involved from the beginning - perks of being a start-up
- Defining the studio’s culture as they grow
You can also expect a genuinely inclusive working environment where your personal contribution will get noticed and valued.
At Haptic Recruit we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the best teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are dedicated to building the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this commitment whenever you apply for a job with us one of our specialist recruiters will support you each step of the way. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation we’re always here to help.