Posted on: 9th September 2022
About the Studio
Do you feel the video game industry risks becoming stale and entering an echo chamber? Would you like to join a studio which wants to make a difference?
An independent video game studio is looking for an experienced Gameplay Developer for its flagship real-time multiplayer game. Built by a small team of passionate, young developers, this Unity-based game has attitude and fun in spades.
Naturally, the studio would like you to be in the same mindset.
Responsibilities and Requirements
You will be responsible for several programming duties, including writing AI behaviours, gameplay mechanics, user interface design, and tools. Focusing on a new IP for console, PC, and mobile, your role might also involve helping on the studio’s legacy projects from time to time.
- Develop and implement both NPC and bot AI behaviours in a third-person shooter
- Collaborate with the Design team to iterate and polish new gameplay ideas
- Jointly describe architecture and frameworks for gameplay solutions
- Contribute to a healthy discussion around how to improve game mechanics
Skills and Experience
- +3 years of experience as a Unity gameplay developer
- Shipped a title while working on AI behaviours
- Comprehensive knowledge of C#
- Self-motivated, highly communicative, and able to take initiative
- Highly proficient at debugging and optimising code
- Good understanding of vector math
- Prior experience working remotely
Desirable perks include:
- Experience with real-time multiplayer games
- Previously worked on either a first-person or third-person shooter
- Shipped a game on PlayStation/Xbox
Benefits and Perks
The team you will be working with is small but made of exceptional people. This studio has a profoundly collaborative culture where everyone can influence the product’s development and own the final product.
Other benefits include:
- Flexible remote working
- Highly competitive salary
At Haptic, we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the most promising teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are committed to assembling the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this pledge, whenever you apply for a job with us, one of our specialist recruiters will support you through each stage. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation, we’re always here to help.