Posted on: 29th September 2020
Once upon a game...
Founded by a marvellous man in 2012 who thought Global from the outset, with the vision to create World leading mobile games which put players first.
Now 8 years on, 120 people strong and their games being played in 150 countries!
With a strong portfolio of original and highly acclaimed IPs under their belt, they made a World-class partnership last year with the Queen (and King) of mobile games, this turbocharged their studio and allowed them to innovate and take risks with a backer that trusts them and thinks long-term.
This gives them a wonderful big sister to lean on in terms of resources, talent and advice both with the ambition to make mobile games for a Global audience.
Now with 85% of their studio chasing the next big hit, they have a huge few years ahead.
The role you play...
Join them as a UX Designer - take part in the company's mission to create the best mobile game experiences. You will be responsible for driving up the overall quality of the user experience in our new titles by providing and implementing design solutios that align with the games vision and player needs.
What your week might look like...
- Sets the UX strategy across the studio, set the UX benchmark
- Freedom to make your own impact with the support to help to deliver it
- Work with the designers to level up with UX knowledge and report to the Design Director
- Have a ton of autonomy and ownership to really help envangelise the UX thinking throughout the studio
- Work closely with teams throughout the studio to help executve work both with games from prototyping stage right up to the launch.
What are we looking for...
- Good understanding of the development cycle and impact of the UX design
- Excellent knowledge of the design process with an ability to produce high quality design specifications
- Able to map out and understand the player journey along with the creation of wireframes
- Able to use a variety of user testing techniques to research and validate designs
- Experience in full development cycle, from prototyping and pitching to launch and beyond
- Experience of leading the US design of a game or feature with hands on involvement
- Experience of working within a small multi-disciplinary game teams woking across different game genres.
What you can look forward to...
- True autonomy get your creative juices flying and have real decision-making power
- Designated creative time where you are free to work on own game concepts with your fellow comrades or solo
- Be part of your mini tribe within the studio who inspire, challenge and learn from each other working towards the grand studio mission
- Have the chance to take risks, innovate and act outside the box with the security and support from a big studio
- Work with bafta winning individuals from some of the most successful studios in the World
- Grow with the studio who care about your personal career path; listen, review and act
- Work in a culture that prioritises doing the right thing for the players
- Participate in loads of internal and external events including; family/friend days, dungeons and dragons’ nights and environmental game jams!
- Big emphasis on working with the latest tools and practices
- Great offering including; competitive salaries, 13% pension fund, healthcare, personal development budget etc.
If you don't already live in London- welcome to the good life!
- One of the most multicultural cities in the World
- Leading global city in everything from the arts and fashion, technology to gaming
- Over 7,000 pubs, 270 underground stations and numerous shops, bars, restaurants, castles and even the famous Harry Potter studio
- Schools in walking distances
- Hundreds of parks, free museums and art galleries
- And we haven’t even mentioned that’s it’s the hub for Gaming in Europe.