Posted on: 28th July 2019
Haptic Recruit are supporting the growth of one studio that have created something super innovative. A powerful storytelling mobile experience that allows you to be the editor and play freely in the space.
Some key milestones:
- Released first game massive success: First of its kind to market and made top 50 grossing games
- Have a strong syndicate of investors and investors who have backed Spotify, Media Molecule, Hutch and Supercell.
- Discussing partnerships with a major chinese publisher and Hollywood production company
- Always want to develop their own IP, but when they start developing more than one title may take on a very exciting IP.
- Recently raised a 1.7Mil 'buffer' to help grow internally, invest in R&D and start a new project.
Have You Got What It Takes?
They are looking for a lead designer to be at the forefront of their new project. Making design strategy decisions,
With a fantastic network and foothold in the gaming space and with the CTO from a gaming background they are looking for the best of the best.
The Role You Play
- Design Vision: Delivering the game design vision for their new game and as it goes from strength to strength as a live title. You will lead the design and execution of exciting bold beats - new features that boost the game’s performance, and give marketing great opportunities to expand the reach of the game by appealing to new players and re-engaging lapsed ones.
- Team Leadership: Lead the design team, giving them mentorship and support, having regular one-to-ones and working closely with them to ensure they are delivering high quality design work. You will take pride and ownership in helping them become more skilled and capable in their game design career.
- Cross-Discipline Collaboration: Working with other disciplines, particularly Data Science and Product Management to respond to opportunities in the game that can be capitalised on.
- Representing the Players’ Needs: You will be leading the design of content and features that will be enjoyed by millions of players, and will constantly be seeking to help your team to enhance the game experience that is loved by our loyal and devoted players.
- The Must Have’s
- 5 plus years experience required, and 2 or more shipped titles
- A proven ability to breakdown system design goals into individual components.
- A proven ability to present ideas to wide variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical in a succinct manner.
- A strong experience with F2P mechanics and monetisation models
- An excellent understanding of past and current game trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Inspirational leadership skills
- Good to Have up your sleeve
- Experience with AR or any immersive technologies
- Experience working in startups
- Experience working in cinematography or film
- Working directly with the founders to make key decisions
- Start-up environment but with the security of solid backing and revenue stream of a successful game
- Work with some of the most successful advisors and investors in the gaming space
- Competitive holiday, flexible working hours, gym and more
- Very competitive on salary
- Huge Stock option pool