Posted on: 26th March 2021
Once upon a game…
Quell was established in 2020 by a small team with one goal, to combine deep, compelling gameplay with high-intensity exercise to create a fully immersive experience.
Off the back of a hugely successful Kickstarter campaign and alongside funding from Y-Combinator and investors including Twitch co-founders Kevin Lin and Emmett Shear, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, WikiHow founder Josh Hannah, TenCent, Khosla Ventures, Heartcore, Social Impact Capital and JamJar Investments, Quell are poised to redefine the relationship between gaming and fitness.
With their wearable tech ready to go, their current focus is building an engaging fantasy RPG world brimming with life ready for the player to explore.
The role you play…
You will join the Quell team as an experienced Game Programmer to help them shape the vision of a new fantasy RPG.
You will use your fantastic skills to develop and maintain game features and create any development tools needed.
What your week might look like…
- Working with the Technical Director in order to create milestones and achieve objectives.
- Mentoring Junior Programmers
- Building and iterating in-game features
- Displaying a passion for game creation
What we are looking for…
- 4+ years of game development experience
- Someone who thrives in high-pressure environments and is quick to adapt to change
- Someone who relishes the opportunity to work in a fast-moving start-up environment
- Experience working on at least 1 action/RPG/combat title
- 1+ years of experience working on a shipped online multiplayer Unity game
- Experience in procedural generation
- Advanced Unity animation skills (blending, IK, procedural)
What you can look forward to…
- Equity in a high-growth, well-capitalised start-up
- Book books and more books, for free. We’ll add anything you like to our library
- Up to 25%+ through our cycle to work scheme
- A chance to shape the culture of a young, ambitious new company
If you don’t already live in London – Welcome to the good life…
- One of the most multicultural cities in the World
- Leading global city in everything from the arts and fashion, technology to gaming
- Over 7,000 pubs, 270 underground stations and numerous shops, bars, restaurants, castles and even the famous Harry Potter studio
- Schools within walking distances
- Hundreds of parks, free museums and art galleries
- And we haven’t even mentioned that it's the hub for Gaming in Europe.