Posted on: 4th October 2021
Join a studio driven by the motivation to make games that players want to play, hard at work creating a AAA character-focused title across PC, Console and Switch.
About The Studio
Founded in 2021 by veterans of the gaming industry, this is a studio building a foundation of trust and transparency with collaboration and inclusion at its core. There is no crunch and no clocking in.
With the goal of creating a AAA character-focused title across PC, Console and Switch, this is a studio driven by the motivation to make games that players want to play. With backing from one the largest American VC firms they are poised to make this a reality with a major IP.
To help them achieve their goals they are looking to double in size from their core team of 16 to 32 by the end of 2021 and then to 56 in the first half of 2022. This is truly a fantastic opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a well funded studio with a clear vision of its future.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Joining the team as an In Game Animator you will work closely with other departments to create high quality animations that match the ambition and vision of the studio and the project.
- Creating keyframe in game character animation
- Owning beloved characters and being responsible for bringing them to life under the direction of the lead animator and design time
- Working closely with all other departments to deliver on the studio’s vision
Working closely across all departments you will be a proactive team player. To be considered you will need the following skills and attributes:
- 3+ years of experience
- Demonstrable character animation skills
- Similar experience within a games studio, or outstanding portfolio demonstrating equivalent skills
- Strong portfolio that displays a fantastic understanding of animation principles
- Experience animation in Maya
- Understanding of Unreal and industry specific animation and rigging tools
- Knowledge of skinning and rigging characters
Please note, even if you do not match these requirements exactly but still believe you’ll be a good fit, we want to hear from you.
Benefits + Perks:
- Company pension
- Vitality health insurance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company bonus plan
- Long term illness and enhanced death in service cover
- Hybrid/flexible working supported
At Haptic Recruit we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the best teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are dedicated to building the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this commitment whenever you apply for a job with us one of our specialist recruiters will support you each step of the way. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation we’re always here to help.