Posted on: 19th January 2023
About the Studio
Join a AAA studio responsible for some of the most inspiring storytelling seen in the gaming industry in the last years. With multiple Game of the Year and BAFTA nominations endorsing its outstanding work, this studio not only collaborated with one of the most inclusive, thought-provoking video game series during the 2010s.
It is also doing joint work with one of the most legendary story-based studios on its brand revival and developing the first game that brings a cherished science-fiction property to the video game space.
The company continues to expand, looking for accomplished storytellers and inspirational team leaders to join its 100+ employee roster. Will you help shape the next classic story in gaming?
Responsibilities and Requirements
As a Lead Programmer, you will lead our Engineering team in designing and implementing the core features of our games. The ideal candidate for this position is self-driven and dedicated, with a kind disposition and a thoughtful, organised approach to programming and working as a team.
- Work closely with the team directors and other leads to innovate and implement game and platform features.
- Bring original, fresh ideas to the game’s production and development.
- Review the work of other Engineering team members and provide mentorship and feedback as needed to help them grow in their roles, hence developing future leaders for the studio
- Solve complex, time-sensitive problems
- Provide technical leadership across the broader studio
- Help build an incredible team that can make meaningful, significant single-player games that fans will discuss and cherish for years to come
- 5+ years of experience in C++ programming
- Mastery over C++
- Previous experience with Unreal Engine and AAA games, with multiple shipped games
- Expert on at least one major current-gen platform
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with a creative mind and outstanding debugging and communication skills
- Passionate about well-architected, robust, sustainable, and extensible code according to good coding practices
- Comfortable working within an established code framework
- Passionate about making games
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Sciences, Physics, Mathematics, or equivalent training
- Must exhibit a positive attitude and be a strong team player
- Patient and calm during periods of stress
- Ability to mentor, interview, and evaluate other programmers
Bonus skills include:
- .NET programming experience
- Prior experience working with the Maya API
Benefits and Perks
Although this is a fully remote role, it still has all the benefits you would expect in an on-location job.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Generous vacation time and paid parental leave
- Health insurance for you and your family at a low cost to you
- Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family at NO cost to you
- Life and Disability benefits at NO cost to you
- Optional Flexible Spending Account (including Healthcare and Limited Purpose),
- Dependent Care Account and Health Savings Account available
- Optional Supplemental Health and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with an Employer Match
- Growth opportunities for your career
At Haptic, we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the most promising teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are committed to assembling the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this pledge, whenever you apply for a job with us, one of our specialist recruiters will support you through each stage. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation, we’re always here to help.