Posted on: 20th May 2020
Once upon a game…
A studio founded by a true legend and veteran of the space. A career spanning world-leading AAA studio including; Blizzard Entertainment, Riot Games, Bethesda/ZeniMax Media, Io-Interactive (Square Enix). Key member of the Management team responsible for the creation, build and leadership of Blizzard Entertainment Europe for the World of Warcraft project and beyond.
Now behind Cornwall’s largest game development studio. Based in Falmouth, Cornwall, the team works to create exciting and innovative video games!
Behind multi-awards winning Multiplayer FPS PC Games to now working with major budgets and backed by a leading Developer/Publisher/Marketer etc.
You can live in one of the top places in the whole of the UK, enjoy cycling, surfing, kayaking, swimming, walking, live music, creative events and of course work in one of the most exciting gaming studios in the UK at the moment.
Where you come in…
Are you a veteran of level design? Do you see yourself as a mentor, as a strong communicator and UE4 whizz? Do you want to work next to the sea with passionate developers on projects that will challenge your creativity?
As one of our top-level designers you’ll interact with nearly every department to make epic theatres of battle for our upcoming online first-person shooter titles for PC.
What your week might look like:
- Understand the high-level vision of the game and be able to translate the vision into level design standards that can be used by others to build all of the levels in the game
- Contributing to the studio's internal dialogues on various design issues and giving feedback and suggestions to other Level Designers on their work.
- Identify and manage risks within the schedule
- Work close with Junior level designers and contribute to their development / help with mentoring
Knowledge is power…
- Possess a calm and logical approach to challenges and ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills and organisational abilities
- A passion for games and an interest in creating intriguing gameplay
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- 3+ year experience using Unreal Engine 4 or equivalent engines
What we are looking for….
- 4+ Years working experience as a Level Designer
- one shipped action game in a level design position
- Extensive experience using level editing tools
- Extensive experience using node-based visual script logic
- Experience supervising a level design team or part of a team
Does this resonate with you and your career objectives?
Then please apply and let’s schedule a call to discuss further!