Posted on: 19th January 2023
About the Studio
Join a studio with a fantastic mission: to bring you the evolution of fitness directly to your doorstep. Fight, run, leap, and dodge your path to better health while exploring a unique fantasy world. Thanks to a groundbreaking, wearable console that lets you interact with it through powerful haptics, motion tracking, and endurance simulation — without needing a VR set-up!
Their pre-launch marketing had tremendous results: $1.5M just in pre-order revenue. They have also secured over $5M in funding from top-tier VCs, and their investors include — but are not limited to — Khosla Ventures, the founders of Twitch, Y-Combinator, and more!
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Lead your team with creativity, vision, and a laser-focused approach to deliver a groundbreaking, sector-redefining game
- Ease the way for your team and stakeholders to contribute and stay informed
- Inspire your team to do their best work on time and with quality
- Support the Production Director in the weekly planning and execution
- Collaborate with the game makers to find the best solutions to overcome the most important challenges in the development
- Groom and grow backlogs
- Keep the game’s roadmap up to date
- Prioritise ongoing work efforts
- Coordinate all cross-team development actions with the Production Director and team leads
- Supervise and receive feedback from QA
- Learn and grow alongside a passionate, talented team in a studio creating cutting-edge technology and genre-defining gameplay
You’re an experienced producer who understands that leaders exist to serve their teams. You’re always looking for the best way to overcome creative challenges and help others reach their individual goals.
- Prior experience leading technical teams and running projects using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- 3+ years of experience in production or project management roles
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills
Desirable talents include:
- Previous experience leading technical teams in the video game industry
- Have shipped one game
- Prior experience running a live team or product
- Familiarity with games-as-a-service (GaaS) titles
- Previous experience working on multiplayer games
- Adept at QA, Design, or Engineering
- An interest in fitness and sports
Benefits and Perks
All of our employees receive these benefits:
- Options - we want everyone at Quell to take ownership of building our business together so we are pleased to offer all employees a stake in the business to share in our future success.
- Flexibility - Hybrid employees have the flexibility to work from home on
- Free Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays - we all get together in the office on Mondays and Fridays to plan, collaborate and socialise together.
- Work from Anywhere - the opportunity to work for up to 10 days per year outside of your country of employment.
- Egalitarian parental leave - enhanced parental leave of 6 weeks full pay for all new parents, plus further maternity, adoption and shared parental leave in line with statutory requirements.
- Pension scheme - Our studio will contribute 3% alongside an employee contribution of 5% of your qualifying earnings.
- Holiday allowance - currently 5.6 weeks of holiday per annum, inclusive of UK bank holidays. From 1st January 2023, we will offer 25 days of annual leave + bank holidays. Beginning in 2022, we will also give all employees the days off between Christmas and New Year (an extra three days of holiday!)
- £300 per year Wellbeing Budget to spend via our well-being platform, Heka.
- £300 per year Personal Learning and Development Budget to spend on the resources that work for you, in consultation with your Line Manager.
- Access for you and your dependants to our Employee Assistance
- Programme and Private Telemedicine service 365 days a year, providing you with support for your mental and physical health as well as financial and legal matters.
- Cycle to Work scheme - a tax-efficient way to purchase a new bike, with most people saving at least 33%.
- PureGym discount - we have a PureGym on-site at our offices in Oval, with a 5-10% discount on membership.
- Game and book library - we want everyone at Quell to have the resources to learn - whatever book you want to read or game you want to try, let us know.
- Regular team socials - to bring everyone together (both virtually and in-person) to celebrate our successes.
- Little extras - we want everyone to be comfortable and at their best at work, so we provide complimentary coffee/tea, fresh fruit and snacks throughout the day.
At Haptic, we know that people-first recruitment is fundamental to our success. We work closely with talented candidates and innovative studios to offer the best opportunities and build the most promising teams.
Operating on the belief that a studio’s strength comes from the team they build to bring their ideas to life, we are committed to assembling the most talented, diverse game makers.
As part of this pledge, whenever you apply for a job with us, one of our specialist recruiters will support you through each stage. From introductions and interviews to accepting an offer and submitting your resignation, we’re always here to help.